1. Information Collected and Stored Automatically
When you visit UseID.pro, we may store some or all of the following: the Internet protocol address from which you access UseID.pro, date and time, the name of the web site from which you linked to UseID.pro, the name of the file or words you searched, items clicked on a page, and the browser and operating system used.
This information is used to measure the number of visitors to the various sections of our site and identify system performance or problem areas. We also use this information to help us develop the site, analyze patterns of usage, and to make the site more useful. This information is not used for associating search terms or patterns of site navigation with individual users. UseID.pro may anonymize and provide this information to third party entities for the purposes of research analysis. We do not share or sell visitor data for the purposes of advertising, marketing, or any other commercial purpose.
2. Site Security
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, UseID.pro employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction.
Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable.
3. Use of Persistent Cookies
Like many websites, UseID.pro uses «persistent cookie» technology. A persistent cookie is a small text file that this website places on your web browser so that it can gather anonymous summary demographic information, and remember your browser when it is used to visit our site again later—kind of like cookie crumbs! (Hence the name.) These cookies uniquely identify a browser on a computer, but never a person. In other words, if the same person uses Chrome and Internet Explorer, two unique browser cookies will be assigned, one for each browser, so that person will be counted as two different visitors because visits are based on browsers, not computers or persons. We use persistent cookies in two ways, both of which enhance your experience on UseID.pro while also protecting your privacy:
- To remember you when your browser comes back to the site, so we don’t invite you to take our customer satisfaction survey every time you visit. Our customer satisfaction survey uses a persistent cookie to ensure we won’t invite you to take a customer satisfaction survey within 90 days of completing a survey on UseID.pro.
- To get aggregate metrics on site usage to understand how people are using the site and how we can make it better. We use web metrics services to track activity on UseID.pro. Government agencies only ever receive traffic statistics anonymously and in the aggregate.
- To gather anonymous summary demographic information about our visitors such as gender, age range, and areas of interest for adults over the age of 18. We do this by using Google Demographic and Interests reports. When you visit a website that has partnered with the Google Display Network, Google stores a number in your browser using a persistent cookie to remember your visits. This number uniquely identifies a web browser, not a specific person. Browsers may be associated with a demographic category, such as gender or age range, based on the sites that were visited. This demographic information is used to help us better understand our visitors’ interests and needs to more effectively develop content to serve you.
Most Internet browsers automatically accept persistent cookies. Although using persistent cookies creates a much better experience for you, this site will also work without them. If you don’t want to accept cookies, you can edit your browser’s options to stop accepting persistent cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit.
4. External Links
UseID.pro links to many websites created and maintained by other public and/or private organizations. If you click a link to an outside website, you will leave the UseID.pro site, and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
5. Social Media Sites
UseID.pro manages a presence on social media sites such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and others to share UseID information, and engage with the public. We do not collect any personally identifiable information through those sites, and we do not use personal information made available by the third-party sites.
6. If You Send Us Personal Information
We do not collect personal information for any purpose other than to respond to your request. The only personal information that we collect is what you decide to give us by email connecting. If you choose to provide us with personal information, we will use that information to respond to your message, and to help get you the information you requested.
We only share the information you give us with government agencies if required by law. UseID.pro never collects your information or creates individual profiles for commercial marketing.